My name is Cori Johnson, and I am a Graduate Student for the Event Tourism program at Indiana University. I am inviting you today to participate in a research study involving a survey of the millennial generation’s viewpoint on destination attractiveness. You were selected as a possible participant because you are currently a college student, or college graduate in the USA, over the age of 18.
The study is being conducted by my committee chair, Dr. Godwin-Charles Ogbeide, and myself, Cori Lee Johnson, as part of my Master’s thesis for Indiana University, Tourism, Convention and Event Management Program.
- STUDY PURPOSE: The purpose of this study is to explore the millennial generation’s perception of destination attractiveness and their tendency to visit a destination.
- PROCEDURES FOR THE STUDY: After you have read all the information, click on the link below to begin filling out the survey. The millennials’ perception of destination attractiveness survey includes three sections with a total of 50 questions. The duration of the survey will be approximately 10-15 minutes. I hope to finish collecting data from all the participants within three weeks. This survey will close on Tuesday June 6th at midnight.
- RISKS AND BENEFITS: This study is intended to provide some background information towards efficient destination marketing to attract the millennial generation. There are no anticipated risks to participating in the study.
- CONFIDENTIALITY: All responses will be anonymous and all data will be kept confidential to the extent required by law and University policy. All data will be combined and only group summaries will be included in the survey reports. No data will be reported in a manner that would allow a reader to associate any responses to individual participants. Results from the research will be reported as aggregate data. Organizations that may inspect and/or copy the aggregate records for quality assurance and data analysis include groups such as the study investigator and his/her research associates, the Indiana University Institutional Review Board or its designees, and (as allowed by law) state or federal agencies, specifically the Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP).
- CONTACTS FOR QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS: For questions about the study, contact myself, the researcher, Cori Lee Johnson at 225-288-2330.
For questions about your rights as a research participant or to discuss problems, complaints or concerns about a research study, or to obtain information, or offer input, contact the IU Human Subjects Office at (317) 278-3458 or (800) 696-2949.
- VOLUNTARY NATURE OF STUDY: Taking part in this study is voluntary. You may choose not to take part or may leave the study at any time. Leaving the study will not result in any penalty or loss of benefits to which you are entitled. Your decision whether or not to participate in this study will not affect your current or future relations with your university or program.
This research is intended for individuals 18 years of age or older. If you are under age 18, do not complete the survey.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to help me with this important project.