Regular contact with your academic advisor is an integral part of your college experience. Your advisor will serve as a resource and advocate for you as you complete your degree.
To make the most of the time spent with your advisor, you should:
- Schedule regular appointments/make regular contact with your advisor each semester, well in advance of registration
- Be prepared to discuss your personal goals, career plans, interests and abilities
- Be prepared to be an active participant during your meeting
- If you have one, bring your four year plan developed in your Learning Community course.
- Bring your list of questions
- Bring your plan of study
- Notify your advisor if you can’t make it or you will be late
- Bring your Jagtag or your University ID number