Review the admission requirements and submit your application for the Master of Science in Event Tourism degree program.
Master of Science in Event Tourism
What are the admission requirements?
To be considered for admission to the Master of Science in Event Tourism degree program, you should:
- Have a bachelor's degree in tourism management, hospitality management, sports management, leisure studies, recreation management, business, or a related area. If your bachelor's degree is in an area unrelated to event tourism, you can be considered for admission to the program if you take additional undergraduate courses, including:
- TCEM 472: Global Tourism Seminar or equivalent
- A 300-level or higher undergraduate statistics course
- Have an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale).
- Earn a satisfactory score on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). In general, successful applicants have GRE scores at or above the 40th percentile on the Quantitative Reasoning and Verbal Reasoning sections.
How do I apply?
To apply for the Master of Science in Event Tourism degree program, you must complete the online application, pay the nonrefundable application fee, and provide three letters of recommendation, a personal statement, your GRE scores, and your official transcripts.
- Application and fee
Complete the online application and pay the nonrefundable application fee.
Application deadline: March 15
- Letters of recommendation
Submit three letters of recommendation that address your potential for academic success in a graduate program. When you fill out the online application, you'll be asked to provide the names and contact information of your recommenders. After you've submitted your application, your recommenders will receive a request via email to write their recommendations.
- Personal statement
Submit a personal statement that addresses your professional experiences, personal goals, and career aspirations and how earning a master's degree relates to each. When you fill out the online application, you can upload a copy of your personal statement.
- GRE scores and official transcripts
Submit an official copy of your GRE scores (no photocopies) and official transcripts from all colleges you previously attended (undergraduate and graduate) to the PETM Recorder's Office. You must submit your scores and transcripts all at the same time. Mail your scores and transcripts to:IU School of Physical Education and Tourism Management Recorder's Office
901 W. New York Street
Indianapolis, IN 46202