Work with us: Clinical Assistant Professor
The School of Physical Education and Tourism Management at Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) seeks an innovative and committed clinical exercise physiologist to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in clinical exercise science.
The person selected should have the following expertise and knowledge:
1. Ph.D. in Exercise Physiology or related area
2. Preference will be given to those candidates with specialization in special populations including but not limited to persons with disabilities (e.g., physical, intellectual, and social)
3. Preference will be given to those candidates with ACSM clinical and/or specialty credentials at the level of Exercise Specialist®, Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist® (RCEP), Certified Inclusive Fitness Trainer® (CIFT) and/or APENS (Adapted Physical Education National Standards)
4. Experience teaching and/or delivering training in clinical exercise science and special populations
5. Experience working with undergraduate students
6. Appreciation of the importance of experiential/hands-on learning
The person selected will be responsible for a combination of the following, depending on their experience and educational background:
1. Teaching at least 3 courses per semester in an area of expertise
2. Building relationships with other undergraduate and graduate programs on-campus to take advantage of the unique synergies that exist at IUPUI around a focus on life science and health engagement.
3. Student advising and professional service. The ideal individual will have excellent interpersonal and teaching skills, strong analytical abilities, and enthusiasm for both the exercise science and special population fields. We also seek candidates with a demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disabled and ethnic backgrounds of the institution’s students and employees.