IU School of Physical Education and Tourism Management - IUPUI
901 W. New York Street, Ste. 250
- M.B.A., Butler University
- B.S., Tourism, Convention, & Event Management, Indiana University
Erica Shonkwiler is a lecturer in the Tourism, Conventions, and Event Management (TCEM) Department in the School of Physical Education and Tourism Management at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI). She is also an alumni of the program where she received her BS in 2006. She then attended Butler University and graduated with a MBA in 2014. She has been at IUPUI as a lecturer since 2014.
Erica instructs TCEM’s event management course track where she utilizes 13 years of event planning experience to employ real world content and experiential learning. Her classes and students have executed or assisted in event execution for the Indiana Sports Corporation, NCAA Final Four, 500 Festival, Habitat for Humanity, Indy Fuel, IU Foundation, National Association of Basketball Coaches, and Teachers’ Treasures. Erica was the recipient of the 2015 Linda Brothers Teaching Award.
Erica is also the faculty advisor to the Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA) Student Chapter and the Meeting Professionals International (MPI) Student Chapter.
- TCEM-E 104 Principles of Event Management
- TCEM-E 304 Mechanics of Event Planning
- TCEM-E 404 Event Production
- Volunteer Work - NCAA Final Four Host Committee, 500 Festival Host Committee
- Association Work - Indiana Meeting Professionals International Board Member
Honors & Awards
Linda Brothers Teaching Award
Faculty Advisor to Meeting Professionals International (MPI) and Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA) Student Chapters at IUPUI