IU School of Physical Education and Tourism Management - IUPUI
901 W. New York Street, Ste. 250
- Ph.D. in Leisure Behavior
- M.S., Kinesiology (Athletic Administration), B.A., Statistics and Economics
- TCEM 562 Economics of Event Tourism
- TCEM-T 234 Cultural Heritage Tourism
- TCEM 306 Destination Planning
- TCEM-E 219 Management of Sports Events
- TCEM-T 207 Tourism Policy and Sustainability
- Heo, J., King, C., Lee, J., Kim, H., & Ni, C. (2014). Learning from healthy older adults: An analysis of undergraduate students—reflective essays. Asia Pacific Education Researcher, 23(3), 537-545.
- Kim, J., Heo, J., & King, C. (2014). Uncovering the discourses of cross-cultural activity participants. Journal of Humanistic Psychology, 54(3), 356-376.
- Wang, S., & Hji-Avgoustis, S., & King, C. (2014). Investigating tourism professionals—perceptions of CVB Functionality in China: A qualitative projective approach. Tourism Today, 13, 127-137.
- King, C., Heo, J., Hji-Avgoustis, S., & Lee, I. (2013). Quality of life of Indianapolis residents: The role of cultural tourism and sense of community. Academica Turistica - Tourism and Innovation Journal, 6(1), 31-38.
- King, C., Heo, J., Hji-Avgoustis, S. & Lee, I. (2012). Residents' perceptions of sport tourism and quality of life: The case of Indianapolis. Journal of Tourism Challenges and Trends, 5(1), 9-20.
- Heo, J., King, C., Yamada, N., & Cecil, A.K. (2011). Serious leisure and life satisfaction of senior athletes. Journal of the Global Senior Health Promotion Institute, 1(1), 5-13.
- King, C., Wang, S. & Hji-Avgoustis, S. (2011). Perceptions about expanding a city's tourism economy through sport and culture: The case of Indianapolis' event tourism segment. Tourism Today, 11, 40-53.
- Yamada, N., Heo, J., King, C., & Fu, Y. (2011). Higher-level and lower-level life satisfaction of urban residents: The role of health perception, wealth, safety, community pride, and tourism development. Journal of Quality Assurance in Hospitality and Tourism, 12(3), 220-235.
- King, C., Heo, J., Lee, J., Kim, H. (2011). Learning outcomes of intergenerational service learning: A case study of event tourism students in a Midwest college. Paper in the proceedings of the Annual International Council on Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Education conference, Denver, CO.
- King, C., & Heo, J. (2010). Introductory guide to scuba diver species. Paper in the proceedings of the 41st Travel and Tourism Research Association conference, San Antonio, TX.
Leisure Behavior and Tourism
Honors & Awards
- 2010—Nicholas P. Kellum Research Award, TCEM, IUPUI
- 2009—Best Poster Award, Research Consortium, AAHPERD
Grants & Funding
An Investigation of Stakeholder-Defined Value at Two Contested Cultural Heritage Sites in Indiana. $30,489 funded by IUPUI Office of Vice-President for Research New Frontiers Grant. Role: Co-investigator
- King, C. & Chu, J. (October 2014). What Indianapolis Museum Visitors Value. Presented at the 33rd International Society of Travel and Tourism Educators Annual Conference, St Louis, MO.
- Ni, C., King, C., Hji-Avgoustis, S., & Heo, J. (April 2014). Students' daily experiences: Well-being, social context and active leisure. Research presented at the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance Conference, Research Consortium, in St Louis, MO.