IU School of Physical Education and Tourism Management - IUPUI
901 W. New York Street, Ste. 250
- Ph.D., Athletic and Educational Administration, The Ohio State University Columbus, Ohio
- M.A., Sport Psychology-Coaching, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Bachelor's degree, Physical Education Teaching and Coaching, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- HPER-E 477 Water Safety Instructor
- HPER-H 363 Personal Health
- HPER-P 195 History and Principles of Physical Education
- HPER-P 333 Sport in America-Historical Perspectives
Using e-Rewards to Promote Engagement and Re-engagement in the Online Classroom, Published in the June 2011 FACET Publication
Online Teaching and Course Design
Online Course Design and CANVAS Advisor
Honors & Awards
- 2013 Poster Contest Winner, FALCON Conference, Indianapolis, IN Poster: Five Ways to Motivate e-Students
- 2012 Winning Coach NCAA Division 1 National Championships 2011 Winning Coach, NCAA Division 1 National Championships (Pendant Awarded)
- 2011 Appointed as a FINA National and International Diving Judge. USA Diving Federation
- 2010 Twenty years of Service Award-IUPUI Faculty Council, Indianapolis, IN
- 2010 High Point Coach, Summit League Championships, Men's and Women's Diving
- 2010 Winning Coach, NCAA Division 1 National Championships (Pendant Awarded).
- 2010 35 year Service Pin-American Red Cross, Greater Indianapolis Chapter
- 2009 High Point Coach, Summit League Championships, Men's and Women's Diving.
- 2006 Oncourse CL, Peer Teacher Award (Laptop Computer), UITS, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana.
- 2006 Jump Start Grant- IUPUI Center for Teaching and Learning.
- 2014 Invited Presentation—Motivation by Design, 2014 FACET Conference
- 2013 Taking the confusion out of the new Red Cross Swimming Program’s Registration Process-2013 Indiana AHPERD State Conference
- 2013 FACET Conference, Poster Presentation, Using e-Motivators in the Online Classroom
- 2013 Indiana Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance, State Convention, Presentation: National American Red Cross Administration, Fees, Course Records and Confusion.
- 2013 18th Annual FACET Adjunct and Lecturer Conference, Marriot East, Indianapolis, IN Facilitator: – Maintaining Discipline in the College Classroom’s 2009 Overcoming Traditional Teaching Problems while Teaching Online-Moore Symposium for Excellence in Online Teaching
- 2006 Your ONCOURSE Toolbox-Moore Symposium for Excellence in Teaching
- Student Mentoring
- 2015 Faculty Advisor-IUPUI Honors Program
- 2013 Invited mentor for Yu-Hseng “Blue” Tseng from Taiwan. Sponsored by the U.S. State Department, ESPN and the University of Tennessee Center for Sport.
- 2013 Faculty Advisor-IUPUI Honors Program Student: Anthony Taylor Assistant Swimming Instructor
- 2013 Advisor-Nina Pullman Honor’s Scholarship Program Student: Michael Rice (Minority)
- 2008-present Ni Chen Will complete her Master’s Degree in Guidance in May 2014
- 2005-2009 Jaron Tuttle Received the Melvin Award for Outstanding Scholar-Athletes.
- 2006 Minority student Jamilia Winstead-Development of her Master’s Thesis Proposal
- Community Service
- 2008-present Physical Education and Tourism Management, Technology Committee—School of Kinesiology
- 2013-present IU School of Kinesiology, Scholarship Committee for Retention and Recruiting -Acting group secretary.
- 2013-present: IU School of Kinesiology, Coaching Advisor to students working on coaching certifications.
- 2013 Physical Education and Tourism Management, Lecturer and Clinical Professors Profession Standards Committee
- 2012 IUPUI Athletic Department, Search and Screen Committee, New Swimming Coach.
- 2006-2012: Voting Board Member-Aquatics and Recreational Council-Indiana AHPERD
- 2006-2012: Member Greater Indianapolis Chapter of the American Red Cross-Aquatic Safety Council. (Closed when the American Red Cross privatized the Aquatic Program.
- 2006-present: Volunteer, USA Diving Olympic Training Center, IUPUI Natatorium