Interested in a summer job or internship at Camp Brosius?
Counselors and lifeguards work for a minimum of ten weeks during the summer, beginning approximately two weeks prior to family camp and ending one day after the end of family camp season. For specific employment dates and questions about the positions, please contact the camp director.
We also are pleased to be able to work with you and your university's program to help you complete required internship hours via a summer position at Camp Brosius. Before contacting us, please talk with your school's internship coordinator and ask him or her what information will be required from Camp Brosius for us to establish an internship for you. Previous internships include psychology, exercise science, sports management, tourism, education, business and more. After you meet with your internship coordinator, contact the camp director to determine if an internship match can be accomplished.
- lifeguard/waterfront staff (you must be lifeguard certified, and camp will reimburse you for certification costs if you are hired and complete the summer's work at Camp Brosius)
- children's program counselor (work with children daily to provide age-appropriate activities and assist other areas in providing evening or other programming)
- housekeeping staff (cleans and restocks accommodations and restrooms daily)
- property maintenance and upkeep (works around camp as needed, changes light bulbs and performs other upkeep in guest rooms, cuts grass and waters flowers, take out trash, and more)
- children's program director (establishes children's program activities and schedules)
- waterfront director (supervises lifeguards and waterfront activities such as sailing, swimming and boating)
- evening program coordinator (plans and oversees family events such as talent shows and campfires)
- adult program coordinator (establishes, schedules and facilitates programs for adults)
- assistant camp director (requires significant supervisory, management and leadership abilities, as position oversees all other positions and is responsible for camp operations in the event the director is called off property)
- office manager (manage office store, check guests in and out, assist guests with reservations and tourist activities, and similar duties)
To be considered for employment, you must:
- Be a United States citizen or eligible to work in the United States
- Be at least 18 years old by the time you begin your position
- Have completed at least your freshman year of college prior to working the summer at Camp Brosius
To be considered for the children's program director, evening program coordinator, waterfront director, adult program coordinator, or assistant director positions, you must be at least 21 years old prior to beginning your position, have a valid drivers license and pass IU's motor vehicle records check.
In addition, Camp Brosius staff are considered to be seasonal/temporary hourly employees of Indiana University. As a counselor, you are expected to adhere to conduct standards and policies outlined in the Hourly Staff Policy Guide. Counselors are limited to working fewer than forty hours per week.
We invite you to join our team by completing and submitting this application. If you wish to be considered for an assistant director position, you should also e-mail a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
About working at IU:
Indiana University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Individuals who require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process must notify the camp directors, a reasonable time in advance. IU intends to maintain an alcohol and drug-free workplace and to comply with the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988 and its amendments. To that end, all employees must comply with the University's Substance Free Workplace policy. IU participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify Program to confirm employee eligibility. Click to view notices: E-Verify and Right to Work. In addition, all new employees are required to have successfully completed a background check. The university utilizes GIS Background Screening to conduct these checks.